Majority of the schools today have music classes in their curriculum, in fact music is also an active extra-curricular activity. Then why do we need proper music schools? Why should anyone pay extra to go to a music school when they could simply attend the music classes at schools?
Today we will be answering this question for you. Here are some reasons which prove that music schools are very much relevant.
- Music schools are more professional
Music classes in school are to be managed simultaneously with studies. Hence, there is a possibility that music in schools is not given a priority. If you have an exam it is most likely that your school will cancel your music class for some other revision class. In most schools it is not even taken seriously, it is just a free period for students. Where as in a music school, there is a proper schedule and regularity. This gives you a better atmosphere for a more professional training.
- They provide proper certification
Schools treat music simply as an extra-curricular activity. They do not see it as a proper course. If you want to have a professional degree in the field you cannot get it from your regular school. You need to go to a certified music school to get a proper degree.
- They have better equipment
Music schools are solely devoted to music, all its funding goes into creating a healthy environment for students to learn music and only music. They have the best of infrastructure and instruments for the same. Whereas, schools run on a budget and every department has a certain limitation as to what they can spend. There are so many departments in a school that it becomes practically impossible for them to provide students with high quality equipment.
- They have better exposure
Music schools are more aware about what all competitions are going on, be it state level or national level. They make sure that their students are participating in more and more competitions. This provides their music school a higher recognition and gives you tremendous amount of exposure.
- They are for all not everyone is given a chance to participate in music competitions or functions which are held in school. Only those students who are already good in music are put on the stage. Music schools work on you individually and bring you to that level so that your school selects you for those functions and competitions. Also, you can attend school only up until a certain age, music schools have no such age bar. You can either continue your training or you could start from scratch even after completing your schooling. Therefore, music schools are indeed for all.
So, if you have a passion for music and want to professionally pursue it, I would recommend that you should definitely join a proper music school. And if you are one of those who didn’t get a chance to get on the stage in your school time then you know that the door of a music school is always open for you, all you need to do is sign up for the classes.